Strength and Conditioning, developed by the National Strength and Conditioning Association in partnership with the NFHS, is designed for any individual who has responsibility for weight room supervision and conditioning programs. The course presents the principles of conditioning and includes in-depth explanations of best practices and more than 80 videos demonstrating proper techniques.
Course comes with
1. Course Introduction1 Sections
2. Introduction to Strength an...4 Sections
- Strength and Conditioning Course Intro
- Strength and Conditioning Programs
- The Role of the Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Using Your Facilities
3. Theories of Strength and Co...3 Sections
- General Definitions
- Guiding Principles
- Exercise Prescription
4. Exercise and Workout Basics11 Sections
- Warming Up
- Mechanics of Safe and Effective Exercise
- Speed and Agility
- Developing the Core
- Balance and Coordination
- Cooling Down
5. Training Program Considerat...8 Sections
- Testing and Screening
- Factors Affecting Training
- Common and Popular Programs
- Diet and Nutrition
- Performance Enhancing Substances
- Legal Issues and Risk Management
- Special Issues
6. Program Assessment5 Sections
- Effective Program Assessment
- Program Analysis
- Effectiveness, Efficiency and Improvement
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m not receiving the reset password email.If you don’t receive an email after trying to reset your password, be sure to check your spam mailbox. If you don’t find the email there, Contact us the Help Desk
I have more than one child and both need to take NFHS Learning Center courses. Can they use the same account?No, we are unable to put multiple people on the same account and are required to rely on the profile information originally provided to determine who took course(s) in an account. Each individual needs to create an account using a unique email address. This can be done by visiting www.nfhslearn.com and selecting “register” in the upper right-hand corner.
How do I order a course?Courses are purchased through the Courses page, which is found in the white menu bar at the top of your screen. Select the course you wish to order. You will be directed to that course page. From here, select your state and click “Order Course.” Continue through the checkout process or go back to Courses to order additional courses in the same transaction.
After I complete a course how do I access my certificate?
From your Dashboard, select “My Certificates.” You can then download PDF certificates of all courses completed within the account.
How do I order courses to distribute to others for completion?Select the courses you wish to order from the Courses page in the white menu bar at the top of your screen. During the ordering process you will be asked who will complete the course(s). When prompted, select “Others.” Once the ordering process is completed, the course(s) will be available on your Dashboard in the “My Courses” tab under the “Distribution” option.